Wehr Nature Center Camera Club Competition Rules
Wehr Nature Center Camera Club (WNCCC)
Competitions Rules for Club – Effective with the September, 2016 season and will be in effect until further notice.
- WNCCC will have 1 competition each year, to be held in February
- Individuals may submit up to 2 images per division
- Members may NOT enter the same image in multiple divisions during the same competition.
- Once an image has won an award in our club competition, it may NOT be entered again in any future club competitions. It may be entered in other competitions like WACCO, PSA, or competitions held by other clubs.
- If a member wins an award in one division, he or she may NOT win another award in that division for that competition.
- All prints must be marked with the makers name, and image title.
- An “up” arrow must be placed the back of all prints.
- “Thumbspots” must be placed on slide mounts (lower left corner as you view the slide over a light).
- Each digital image should be a maximum of 1920 x 1080 pixels, JPEG format, with max file size of 1.4mb.
- Digital images should be e-mailed to: GeriLaehn@Gmail.com and must be sent no later than midnight the Wednesday prior to the competition.
- Each digital image file for each division should start with a number 1 to 3. Examples:
1_YourLastName_Open_title.jpg etc. 2_YourLastName_Open_title.jpg
1_YourLastName_Mono_title.jpg etc 2_YourLastName_Mono_title.
- Please include all digital images in one e-mail if possible. That may be too large for some of your computer programs, if that is the case include all images within the same division in one e-mail.
- YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE MUST BE FORMATTED AS FOLLOWS:
EXAMPLE: WNCCC FEB COMPETITION
- The Annual Awards Brunch will be held in September
Print Color and Black & White/Monochrome (2)
Digital Open/Color, Nature/Color, and Open Black & White/Monochrome (3)
1. Nature Digital: Wildflowers, birds, animals, insects, landscapes, etc. Any evidence of the
‘hand of man’ in any Nature digital (roads, domestic animals, cultivated flowers, buildings,
people, etc.) will disqualify the slide. Bands and tags on birds and animals are acceptable.
Fences, birdhouses, feeders, and saw-cut logs are acceptable if they are not prominently
in the image. **
2. Open Digital Color: No restrictions for this division **
3. Open Digital Black & White/Monochrome: No restrictions for this division **
4. Color Prints: No restrictions for subject matter for this division. Prints may be any size up
to 16” x 20”. All prints must be mounted. They may also be matted, but total size may not
exceed 16” x 20”. No framed prints will be judged.
5. Black & White Prints: No restrictions for subject matter for this division. Prints may be any
size up to 16” x 20”. All prints must be mounted, they may also be matted, but total size
may not exceed 16” x 20”. No framed prints will be judged.
JUDGES AND JUDGING
There will be 3 judges for each division. Each judge will enter a score between 0 and 5, 0 being a
disqualifying mark due to category and 5 being the best. The 3 judges’ scores will be added
together, giving each image a score of between 0 and 15.
If possible, we will get 1 or 2 external judges for each competition. We will then
add 1 or 2 of our club members so that we will have the 3 judges we need for each competition.
We ask that all members in attendance be courteous to the judges and those around you during
the judging. NO AUDIBLE expressions will be tolerated during the competition.
For each competition, there will be ribbons and points awarded. There will be a First, Second,
and Third place award for each category and division.
Points will be awarded for multiple events throughout the year (September - August) and are calculated as follows:
These points will be added at the end of the competition year (July) for the photographer of the year.